Welcome to the UNI Community Music School!
Let's Get Registered for Lessons!
If you are a NEW student to the Community Music School, you will be contacted within 5 business days after submitting the lesson registration, by email, to discuss lesson scheduling and teachers.
Students are placed with an instructor based on the order of enrollment and availability of the instructor. If you are a RETURNING student from the summer, your teacher will contact you for scheduling.
2022-2023 Academic Year (August - May)
- Lessons take place between August 28 - May 20, 2023
- Students can register at any time throughout the year. The first payment will be pro-rated based on the date of the first lesson, if starting after the first week of scheduled Academic year lessons.
- View the Private Lesson Calendar and Events page for additional information
- The Community Music School employees teachers who are current undergraduate students at UNI (UNI Student Teacher), and instructors who have earned a degree in music (Studio Teacher).
- UNI Student Teachers are notated with an (*) in front of their name. A complete listing of CMS teachers can be found on the here.
- A general price list, including prices for UNI Student and Studio teachers can be found here. *A 10% discount is available to current New Horizons Band members. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for pricing.
- Lesson payments are based on 32-weeks of lessons for the academic year.
- Payments will be auto-withdrawn on the first of every month while enrolled in lessons.
- After completing the Registration Form, within two business days, you will receive an email from email@example.com with a Recurring Payment Form to be signed and returned to UNI before starting lessons.
- If you elect to make a one-time lesson payment, you will be emailed a payment link, to be completed before starting lessons.
- If you wish to apply for a financial aid, please complete the Financial Aid Application and registration, below.
- If you are interested in helping to financially support a student's lessons with CMS, you can make a donation at the UNI Foundation and select account 212456 or 222126. Your donation is greatly appreciated and needed as we work to make music lessons accessible for all members of our community. Any amount is welcomed!
Limited UNI metered parking is available in the Russell Hall and Latham Lot- a short 1 block walk from Russell, or at the Gallagher Performing Arts Center Visitor’s Lot. You may purchase a parking permit that will let you park in the Latham Lot prior to 4:00 PM, or the Russell Lot after 4:00 PM.
Permits are available to purchase by semester. You will be contacted with the permit cost after registration is received.
The tuition fee for 9 payments are divided equally to give a consistent monthly fee and will be made through automatic payment on the first of every month. The 1 payment option is due before the beginning of lessons. Students may enroll at any time during the year, and the first payment will be pro-rated.