Lesson payments are based on 32-weeks of instruction during the academic year, while summer payments are based on the amount of lessons selected.
- During each enrollment period, students have the option of electing to make a one-time payment, or to make monthly payments for tuition.
- When selecting the monthly payment option, the total cost of lessons is divided equally by the number of payments, keeping each payment the same amount.
- CMS accepts new students throughout the year. If registering after the year/summer has started, students will receive a pro-rated tuition amount. Those making monthly payments will pay the pro-rated cost for the first month, followed by monthly payments that match the payment options listed on the pricing sheet.
- When selecting the one-time payment option, students will be asked to submit payment before their first lesson.
- Recurring payments will be automatically charged to a debit or credit card. Recurring payments are managed by the UNI Office of Business Operations (OBO).
- Summer: 2 monthly payments withdrawn automatically on June and July 1st.
- Academic Year: 9 monthly payments withdrawn automatically on the first of the month (September - May)
The Community Music School employees teachers who are current undergraduate students at UNI (UNI Student Teacher), and instructors who have earned a degree in music (Studio Teacher).
UNI Student Teachers are notated with an (*) in front of their name.
- Christine Compton
- Heather Gillis - (Studio Full - Join the Waitlist!)
- *Thomas Gumpper
- Melody Kosobucki - (Studio Full - Join the Waitlist!)
- Yizhou Luo
- *Hannah Miller - (Studio Full - Join the Waitlist!)
- *Greg Novey
- *Elsa Wemhoff
- Breanna Daley, Flute
- Mackenzie Dugger, Flute (Online Only)
- Heather Hamilton, Clarinet
- *Chelsea Peterson, Saxophone
Ukulele and Guitar
*denotes UNI Student Teacher
Partial scholarships for private lessons are available to CMS students during the academic year.
Scholarship awards are made based on the following considerations:
- Information submitted on the scholarship application form.
- Current account standing with CMS.
- Availability of scholarship funds.
- Student commitment, attendance and progress in lessons (For returning students)
Applications are accepted during the first semester of the academic year.
Continuation of the award through the academic year is contingent upon:
- Regular attendance at lessons. More than two excused absences may result in the termination of assistance.
- Reasonable progress in lessons that reflects regular practice at home.
- Current CMS account standing and history of timely payments.
- Input from teacher evaluation at the end of first semester, assessing student commitment, attendance and progress in lessons.
Current awards are not automatically renewed each year. A new application must be submitted.
Scholarships are not available for summer lessons.
UNI CMS UNI School of Music RSL 142 Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0246